Stories by Jeff Potter
Issue of Oct 20, 2021 (#635)
- ‘It’s about place, where you are’: For Rich Holschuh, adding spoken Abenaki language to the experience lets hikers hear, feel, and understand a multigenerational Native presence along the Sibosen Trail
Issue of Aug 11, 2021 (#625)
- It stops here: A police investigation, constrained by statutes of limitations, did not lead to criminal charges against Zeke Hecker. But what police uncovered — including a letter in which the longtime teacher, playwright, and musician unrepentantly acknowledges statutory rape and violations of professional ethics — is astounding.
Issue of Aug 4, 2021 (#624)
- ‘Something for everybody’: When a community of young adults is missing a space, reopening a bar is more than a business venture. It becomes an urgent calling.
Issue of Nov 25, 2020 (#589)
- When we can’t have our normal holidays, we need them more than ever: The global pandemic in 1918 and a war raging overseas tested our region’s people and their resolve. Can the headlines of the era help us make sense of 2020?
Issue of Oct 7, 2020 (#582)
- ‘We landed it’: The dedication of Perseverance Skatepark brings to an end a journey of almost two decades
Issue of Sep 2, 2020 (#577)
- COVID-19 fears bring conflict to the fore
Issue of Aug 12, 2020 (#574)
- Credit unions look toward fall merger: Members must approve plan for merger of River Valley into Members Advantage
Issue of Jun 10, 2020 (#565)
- We must remove adversarial police culture: Looking at past policing through a critical eye and with an eye to a better, more responsible, future is not hatred. Change in policing culture comes squarely from within.
Issue of Jun 3, 2020 (#564)
- Say their names: In a peaceful but powerful gathering, thousands fill Brattleboro’s streets to protest the death of people of color at the hands of law enforcement
Issue of May 13, 2020 (#561)
- For one state representative, a ‘sad decision’ not to run: Hashim will finish his term but will not be a candidate, prompting Bos-Lun to mount a campaign to represent Dummerston, Putney, and Westminster