Stories by Meredith Angwin
Issue of Jul 23, 2014 (#264)
- Exporting our carbon problems: The EPA takes a flawed state-by-state approach to greenhouse-gas policy
Issue of Mar 5, 2014 (#244)
- Entergy and Vermont settlement: a good deal: The agreement is a major step forward in what has been a hard battle between Vermont Yankee and the state
Issue of Nov 20, 2013 (#230)
- I am not Spock: For a pro-Vermont Yankee blogger and advocate, Entergy’s decision to close the plant goes beyond cold and rational discussion. Her main emotion now? Sorrow.
Issue of Jul 10, 2013 (#211)
- Wishful thinking: Some calculations offer some alarming questions about what it would take to meet Vermont’s goals for transitioning to renewable energy
Issue of Apr 24, 2013 (#200)
- Why is the Legislature an anti-nuclear bully pulpit?: And what was Robert Alvarez trying to say?
Issue of Mar 6, 2013 (#193)
- Lawyers can't rescue a weak case: Vermont isn’t ‘out-lawyered’ by Entergy in VY suit. The facts simply are not on the state’s side.
Issue of Mar 21, 2012 (#144)
- Who wins on March 21?: The power uprate meant millions in safety upgrades for Vermont Yankee
Issue of Oct 12, 2011 (#122)
- Not enough, too fast: Public needs more time to digest state’s energy plan
Issue of Jul 13, 2011 (#109)
- Sorrell’s VY vendetta comes at a cost: %u2018None of this innocent-until-proven guilty stuff%u2019