Stories by Shanta Lee Gander
Issue of Jan 23, 2019 (#494)
- Not seeking re-election: a ‘difficult and bittersweet decision’
Issue of Sep 12, 2018 (#476)
- How do we build an enduring Brattleboro?: What is the realistic vision of ourselves, and how does this feed a new vision for our community?
Issue of Oct 11, 2017 (#429)
- The larger issues of Hefner’s legacy: Can we separate actions, flaws, or beliefs of an individual from that person’s meaningful or good contributions to society?
Issue of Sep 6, 2017 (#424)
- Can we talk about our town?: We can ask the difficult questions about the quality of life in Brattleboro only if we honestly look at truths that might not match our perceptions
Issue of Feb 22, 2017 (#396)
- A name is just a name?: Broadening our understanding of Black names
Issue of Sep 23, 2015 (#324)
- The feeling of an ending never goes away: From my days as a youth to now, the intensity of my worlds disintegrating did not lessen, but at certain times, I developed a certain understanding or numbness
Issue of Aug 1, 2012 (#163)
- Dreaming of India: The crazier it sounded and the scarier it became, the more we had to take on this adventure