Stories by Erica Walch
- Lawmakers ignore the very apparent problems of relying more on electricity
- ‘Language matters. Constitutional language matters very much.’
- What defines a ‘compelling State interest’ in personal reproductive autonomy? : Abortion isn’t even mentioned in this proposed Constitutional amendment. But the State’s right to determine a citizen’s life course is.
- White: alternative to social engineering on Newfane Selectboard
- What is the compelling state interest in killing unborn children?: Vermont is a state that cares about the vulnerable. Enshrining abortion as a constitutional right is antithetical to the very constitution the Prop 5 supporters seek to amend.
- A party for moderate, reasonable people: Republicans in Vermont respect individual liberty and want the government to be small. That’s a huge contrast to the Democratic Party platform’s list of demands.
- Let’s see more data on Retreat salaries