Patricia Burleson

Can we get Groundworks more recurring donations?

Having moved back to Brattleboro recently, I am feeling helpless about the serious homelessness crisis. I know I am not alone in this.

In talking with Libby Bennett, director of development and communications at Groundworks Collaborative, she explained that Groundworks - which includes the Foodworks food shelf program and many more services - is only funded by government grants for roughly 65%, and the other 35% comes from fundraising with some small grants, occasionally.

Read More

An educational, community project

A lot could be done to reuse and repurpose part of Experienced Goods' mountain of fabric. It would take many volunteers and donated space (say, on weekends), and it could be an educational, community project that could possibly be considered a part of permaculture. I'd be glad to brainstorm,

Read More