Voters in Brattleboro, Dummerston, Guilford, and Putney:
Approval of the proposed operating budget for WSESD means the tax rate will go up $0.013 per $1,000 of valuation — a little over a penny. This would result in a $13 annual tax increase on a homestead assessed at $100,000; $26 for a $200,000 homestead, $39 for $300,000, etc.
The ballot language required by the Legislature reports a 4.5-percent increase in spending per equalized pupil, but this is not your school tax rate.
Our budget is up 1.8 percent. Based on the school funding formula, this will result in an increase of 0.8 percent in the equalized rate, to $1.721, versus the current rate of $1.708. That is $0.013 per $1000 assessed valuation.
Please contact your town clerk for a mail-in ballot; or plan to vote safely on Tuesday, June 30:
• Brattleboro: 802-251-8157; email@example.com.
• Dummerston: 802-257-1496; firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Guilford: 802-254-6857 Ext. 101; email@example.com.
• Putney: 802-387-5862 Ext. 13; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not currently registered to vote, go to the online voter registration page at olvr.vermont.gov, or contact your town clerk.
In-person voting for voters takes place on Tuesday, June 30. Voters are encouraged to bring their own black pens. If you have any questions, please contact your town clerk.
Locations for in-person voting on Tuesday, June 30, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.:
• Dummerston: Town Office, 1523 Middle Rd., East Dummerston
•Brattleboro: WSESU Central Office, 53 Green St. Masks are required and will be provided.
•Guilford: Broad Brook Community Center, 3940 Guilford Center Rd.
• Putney: Putney Central School, 182 Westminster Rd. The polls will be drive-thru.