BRATTLEBORO — This Memorial Day weekend, the Vermont Crafts Council will present its 31st annual Spring Open Studio Weekend, which spotlights the multitude of professional artists and craftspeople who live and create throughout the state.
In Windham County, tour attendees will have the chance to visit multiple artists in their studios, plus several galleries, during the event on May 27 and 28.
Participating sites will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days, with many studios offering demonstrations as well as the opportunity to purchase art and talk to the artists who made it.
During the tour hours, yellow signs lead the way to participating studios and galleries. Guidebooks and other information will be available at each location.
Here is the complete lineup of tour stops, listed according to their site numbers on the statewide tour.
Tour loop 9
64. Procter & Matuszeski Landscapes (Mary Procter and Bill Matuszeski): Colorful landscape paintings of Vermont scenes. 488 Faulkner Rd, Whitingham; 802- 368-7750.
65. Vermont Artisan Designs & Gallery 2 (tour information center; buyvermontart.com): Pottery, art, glass, jewelry and wood: 106 Main St., Brattleboro.
66. Beth Armour (betharmour.com): Porcelain wheel-thrown clay vessels. 17 Greenhill Parkway, Brattleboro.
67. Orchard Street Pottery (Walter Slowinski, walterslowinskipottery.weebly.com): Wood-fired, salt-glazed pottery, featuring branch handles. Gene Parulis (guest; geneparulisphotography.com): photography, digital art, and archival prints. 658 Orchard St., Brattleboro.
68. Leopard Frog Art Gallery (leopardfrog.shop): Vermont art and gifts. 257 Marlboro Rd., Brattleboro.
69. Applewoods Woodworking Studio and Gallery (David and Michelle Holzapfel, holzapfelwoodworking.com): Live-edge hardwood furniture and burl vessels. Jess Weitz (guest; jessweitz.com): Paintings and ceramics with handmade pigments. 2802 Rt. 9, Marlboro.
70. Chris Lann Designs (chrislanndesigns.com): Contemporary handcrafted fine jewelry. 1420 Sunset Lake Rd., Brattleboro.
71. JMB Glass (Josh and Marta Bernbaum, jmbglass.com): functional and decorative handmade glass. Laughing Lizard Studio (guest; Jen Wiechers, jenwiechersart.com), encaustics and alcohol ink paintings. 119 Hescock Rd.
72. Matthew Tell Pottery (matthewtellpottery.com): Wood-fired pottery with earth tones and overlays. 163 Potters Hill Rd., Marlboro.
73. Carol Violanda Art (carolviolanda.com): Abstract and representational paintings. 1868 Stickney Brook Rd., Dummerston.
74. Lost Mile Designs (Pam Bullock and Tim Hayes, lostmiledesigns.com): Rustic furniture and fiber art by: 51 Lost Mile Rd., Brattleboro.
Tour loop 10
75. Robert Du Grenier Glass Art Gallery (Robert Du Grenier, dugrenier.com): Handblown glass, sculpture, drinkware, decor. 1096 Route 30, Townshend; 802-365-4400.
76. Kim Eng Yeo (kimengyeo.com): Floral, still life, and landscape watercolors. 628 Peaked Mountain Rd., Townshend; 802-365-4521.
77. MRH Goldsmith (Michael Hunter, wondermongery.com): Yurt studio with artifacts, jewelry. 3814 VT Route 30, Townshend; 907-957-6858.
78. Jim Jackson, Artist (jimjacksonart.com): Paintings, sculpture, digital, “rot-gardening.” 1868 Stickney Brook Rd., West Townshend; 802-874-4706.
79. ClayShare (Jessica Putnam-Phillips, clayshare.com): Ceramics, bowls, vases, jewelry. 122 Middletown Rd., South Londonderry; 802-379-5712.
80. McBride & Rosser Studios: Dynamic abstract sculptures by Phyllis Rosser (phyllisrosser.com); dynamic abstract paintings by Robert McBride (Robertamcbride.wordpress.com). 17 Rockingham St., Bellows Falls; 802-463-3252.
81. Ornaglyphology (Mindy Fisher, mindyfisher.com): Colorful gouache paintings. 11 Canal St., Bellows Falls; 802-591-2329.
82. Jean Cannon (jeancannon.com): Exquisite watercolor and acrylic paintings. 7 Canal St, Bellows Falls; 802-399-4001.
83. River Artisans Cooperative (riverartisanscooperative.com; 802-591-2085): Pottery, quilts, wood, jewelry. Ubeadquitous (guest; Thomasin Alyxander, vermontcrafts.com/ubeadquitous; 707-239-4870): Beaded and mixed-media jewelry. 28 Village Square, Bellows Falls.
84. Sherwin Art Glass (Christopher Sherwin, sherwinartglass.com): Unique collectible, hand-sculpted, blown glass. 33 Bridge St., Bellows Falls; 802-376-5744.
85. Tsuga Studios (Nicholas Kekic, tsugastudios.com): Decorative and functional blown glass. 33 Bridge St., Bellows Falls; 802-875-1825.
For profiles of participating artists, as well as links to interactive maps and other resources, visit brattleboro-west-arts.com/osw. For a complete list and maps of tour stops statewide, visit vermontcrafts.com.
For details about Brattleboro-West Arts, including profiles of all of its member artists and information about this and other group events, visit brattleboro-west-arts.com.