BRATTLEBORO — The Brattleboro Area Farmers' Market will open for the season on May 9 as a preorder, prepaid, no-contact pickup market in the Guilford Street parking area from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturdays.
• Customers should contact vendors directly to make and pay for purchases. Visit brattleborofarmersmarket.com for vendor contact information.
• When customers pull into the Guilford Street lot and reach the distribution area, they should hold up a piece of paper with their last name.
• Orders will be placed in the customer's trunk.
• SNAP customers should pay for and pick up orders at a designated place in the main market grounds off Route 9. Pull in, and the manager will come to your car. Please wear a mask.
A receipt system will be in place for SNAP customers. Come to the manager's booth for details.
• An in-person “shop and go” market, for food and beverages only, will be held at the main market grounds on Western Avenue from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. High-risk customers may shop from 10 to 11 a.m.
• All customers are required to wear masks and should wash or sanitize hands upon entry. A station will be available.
• Parking will be in the upper lots, so be prepared to walk. Customers with mobility challenges are encouraged to pre-order from vendors and use the curbside pickup option.
• Customers will walk in a single direction around the vendor circle. Booths will face outward.
• Customers will come to booths one at a time and will maintain a 6-foot distance from vendors and other customers.
• No food may be consumed on site.
• Customers should bring a variety of payment methods, including small bills. Vendors differ in how they will handle payments. The market will not be issuing credit/debit tokens for the time being.
• Customers are encouraged to come to the market alone.
• Customers with any sign of illness are urged not to come to the market.