BRATTLEBORO — Utilities Division crews from the Department of Public Works will start fall flushing of the town water mains on Friday, Sept. 22 at 10 p.m. and continue work through Friday, Oct. 13.
Some daytime flushing will continue throughout the week of Oct. 6–13.
Customers are asked to check the flushing schedule closely, as flushing causes water discoloration, low water pressure, and, in some areas, periods of no water.
Water main flushing will occur during both night (10 p.m. to 6 a.m.) and day (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.). If there are questions, call the DPW at 802-254-4255.
• Friday, Sept. 22 - Night: Marlboro Road area and Western Avenue from the Chelsea Royal Diner on Marlboro Road to Melrose Street and Stockwell Drive. Water will be off for several hours on Carriage Hill, Yorkshire Circle, and Hampshire Circle.
• Saturday, Sept. 23 - Night: Western Avenue from Edward Heights to I-91. Water will be off for several hours on Signal Hill, Hillcrest Terrace, Carriage Hill, Hampshire Circle, Yorkshire Circle, Greenleaf Street, Country Hill, Green Meadow, South Street, Thayer Ridge, West Village Meeting House, New England Drive, and Brattle Street.
• Sunday, Sept. 24 - Night: Western Avenue from I-91 to Green Street/Crosby Street/Williams Street area. Water will be off for several hours on Signal Hill, Hillcrest Terrace, Solar Hill, Greenhill Parkway, Brattle Street, and New England Drive.
• Monday, Sept. 25 - Day: Carriage Hill. Night: Bonnyvale Road, Glen Street, Cedar Street, Spruce Street area, Greenhill Parkway, Chestnut Hill, Green Street, High Street, and School Street area.
• Tuesday, Sept. 26 - Night: Guilford Street, Signal Hill, Hillcrest Terrace, Maple Street, Chestnut Street, and Esteyville area, and Sherwood Hollow and Westgate.
• Wednesday, Sept. 27 - Night: Canal Street from Fairview Street south to John Seitz Drive, Fairview Street, Ledgewood Heights, Winter Street, Fairground Road, Atwood Street, and Sunny Acres.
• Thursday, Sept. 28 - Day: SIT Graduate Institute, Dickinson Road, Kipling Road, and Black Mountain Road. Night: Canal Street from Main Street to Fairground Road, Lexington Avenue, Belmont Avenue, Horton Place, Homestead Place, Brook and Clark Street area, Flat Street, and Elliot Street (east end).
• Friday, Sept. 29 - Night: Prospect Street, South Main Street, Marlboro Avenue area, Frost Street, Elliot Street (west end).
• Saturday, Sept. 30 - Oak Grove Avenue and Pine Street area.
• Sunday, Oct. 1 - Night: Washington Street area, South Main from Lawrence Street to Prospect Street.
• Monday, Oct. 2 - Night: Cotton Mill Hill, Vernon Road, Morningside Commons.
• Tuesday, Oct. 3 - Night: Oak Street area, Main Street area.
• Wednesday, Oct. 4 - Night: Linden Street, Route 30, Putney Road from Park Place to Vermont Veterans Memorial Bridge. Vermont Avenue and Eaton Avenue, Terrace Street, Tyler Street, Walnut Street, and Wantastiquet Drive.
• Thursday, Oct. 5 - Night: Putney Road from Vermont Veterans Memorial Bridge to Exit 3.
• Friday, Oct. 6 - Day: Exit 1 and Old Guilford Road to Welcome Center. Night: Putney Road north of Exit 3, Old Ferry Road, Glen Orne Drive.
• Friday, Oct. 13 - Flushing of the water mains in Tri-Park Cooperative Housing and Deepwood Park developments. Morning: Lower section to include Village Drive, Valley Road, Maplewood Drive, Edgewood Drive, Lynwood Drive, Reservoir Road, Hemlock Drive, and Woodvale and the lower part of Winding Hill Road. Afternoon: Upper section to include upper part of Winding Hill Road, Deepwood Park, Stonewall Drive, Record Drive, Autumn Hill, Windward Drive, and the rest of Lynwood Drive.
This News item was submitted to The Commons.